English / Deutsch
15/Nov/2014: plopKexec update will be released soon|
11/Nov/2014: Plop Linux for Raspberry PI will be released soon
06/Nov/2014: A bugfixed hfsprescue will be released in the next few days
Plop Boot Manager v5.0
The Plop Boot Manager is a small program with unbelievable many features.
Here is a list of features, but you can do more...
- USB boot without BIOS support (UHCI, OHCI and EHCI)
- CD/DVD boot without BIOS support (IDE)
- PCMCIA CardBus support to enable boot from USB PC-Cards
- Floppy boot
- Different profiles for operating systems
- Define up to 16 partitions
- No extra partition for the boot manager
- Hidden boot, maybe you have a rescue system installed and the user should not see that
there is another system installed
- Boot countdown
- Hide partitions
- Password protection for the computer and the boot manager setup
- Backup of partition table data
- Textmode user interface 80x50
- Graphical user interface 640x480, 800x600, 1024x786, 1280x1024
- MBR partition table edit
- Start of the boot manager from harddisk, floppy, USB, CD, DVD
- Starting from Windows boot menu
- Starting from LILO, GRUB, Syslinux, Isolinux, Pxelinux (network)
- It can be used as PCI option ROM in your BIOS
- Access the whole USB hard disk (up to 2TB) even when the bios has a 128 GiB limit
- You can run the boot manager over the network
- Start the network card boot rom from the boot manager to boot from the network
PlopKexec is a Linux Kernel based boot manager for autodetecting and chainloading Linux distributions from USB.
It works even if no Bios USB support is available.
It fits on a 1.44MB floppy. Its also
possible to start plopKexec from CD or any Linux loader/boot manager.
Read more: plopKexec Site
© 2014 by Elmar Hanlhofer