Restored files are invalid/defect! Why?
Reasons for invalid/defect files can be
- you are using a wrong partition start (because of a corrupt partition table or you working with a complete hard disk image, and so on).
- the file has been deleted and overwritten on the damaged file system.
- you are using a wrong block size.
- it was not possible to export the Extents Overflow File.
- the Extents Overflow File is damaged.
The most cases are a wrong partition start. See here how to get the correct partition start offset.
© 2017 by Elmar Hanlhofer